Saturday, October 29, 2011

Three Little Peas in a Pod

These 3 are best friends. They love each other so much it is heart melting. That doesn't mean they don't fight and argue and get on each other's nerves, but above all else they are thick as thieves.

They hardly ever want to be without each other. Every day when we turn down the road that leads to Paxton's school Paxton will say, "Porter, I'm going to miss you." And Charlotte starts to cry when he gets out of the car and we drive off. And then when we go to get him he immediately gets in the car and says, "What did you do while I was gone?" And before I can even ask, Porter will ask, "Did you have a good day at school, Bubba?"

When we started gymnastics Porter was a little nervous. They are in a 3 and 4 year old class so they let me stick Porter in there with Paxton even though he is only 2. He cried the whole entire first class and wouldn't participate at all. When Pax and I were giving him a pep talk (of course Paxton LOVED it from day 1) before the next class I asked him what he was scared of. Porter told us he was scared of the "marshmallows" (the foam pit) so I told him he didn't need to do that part. He only had to do what he thought was fun. After the class Porter runs out and says, "I had so much fun mommy! I even did the marshmallows!" We get in the car and I ask Porter what his favorite part of the class was. His reply, "the trampoline." When I asked Paxton what his favorite part of the class was his reply was, "when Porter did the marshmallows! I was so proud of him!" Be still my heart!

Charlotte has turned into a chatterbox lately. Her favorite thing to do is tell knock-knock jokes. This is how it goes EVERY SINGLE TIME, "knock knock" "whose there Charlotte" "blah blah" "blah blah who" and then you have to fake laugh like you think it's funny. She does this probably 500 times a day. And if you don't do your part (the whose there part) then she will start to scream "KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK" over and over and over until you acknowledge her. This gets old by about 8 o'clock in the morning. Paxton is the only one who will play this game with her all day long. And he doesn't just fake laugh like the rest of us. He will drum up a really sweet sounding laugh to please her. Paxton also says about 100 times a day how cute Charlotte is and how he "loves her so much it's unbelievable."

If I get onto Paxton, Porter will get mad at me. "Don't get my brother in trouble." And if I have to send Paxton to time out, Porter will intentionally do something to get himself put into time out so he can be with his brother.

Sometimes, when the mom and dad guilt starts to kick in, Scott and I will wonder if every one's needs are being met emotionally. Since they are all so close in age and there has always been a baby in the house we are always concerned about everyone getting the proper amount of one-on-one attention. When we start to have these concerns we always remind ourselves that they love each other as much as they love us. They will be much better off in the long run for having each other than a fraction more attention from me or Scott. There is no sibling rivalry yet, and we are doing our best to keep it that way. We love how much they love each other.

1 comment:

  1. Porter and Charlotte look like twins! She's getting so big!

    ReplyDelete