Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pumpkin Carving

I broke down and we did pumpkin carving this year. I do NOT like pulling the guts out of a pumpkin, I don't like the way it feels or smells (I know, I'm weird), and I am always afraid Scott is going to slice his hand open with the knife (I already said I know I'm weird), so I try and avoid this holiday festivity if I can, but you know Paxton wouldn't let it go. Soooooo.......

Gross! Pumpkin guts!
(Clearly this is not the best photo of me, but I had to put it in there for Scott's benefit. We have about a million photos of me with this nasty face when I am grossed out. Which happens often, apparently.)
The finished product! We go old school over here and just free hand it. No kits involved people. Can you guess who wanted the nice pumpkin and who wanted the scary pumpkin?

And let me add that I carved the scary pumpkin, which is much more high quality than the happy pumpkin. Just sayin'.

Oh, wait! You know you've got to give your pumpkin a kiss, right?!?!

And if Paxton does it, then you know Porter is going to put the moves on his pumpkin too!

Unfortunatley, these pumpkins went rotten in about 2 days. All that slaving away with the pumpkin guts and we didn't even get to keep them that long! But the boys loved it so I guess we will have to add it to the fall festivity list! Maybe next year we will get with the times and get better tools. I mean I know my scary pumpkin looks professional, but Scott's could use some help. In his defense the kitchen knife we were using was pretty dull. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment