Friday, October 7, 2011

4 year old conversation

I get to volunteer in Paxton's class on Friday afternoons during "center time." During the first few times I would stand in the back so Paxton wouldn't get distracted by me and participate with his teachers and friends. I guess I put a little more stock in the fact that Paxton and I are best friends, and I just knew he would want to play with ME more than his friends...WRONG. He barely even acknowledged I was there until he got to my center. Then he threw me some sweet, "I love you, Mommy's!" :) Other than that though, he just goes about his business. I do believe I embarrassed him the other day when I was in full dance mode during the hokey pokey!

While Paxton was at another center I was eaves dropping on his conversation with one of his buddy's (this won't be the last time that happens). This is how it went:

Friend: Who is Charlotte? (I think he heard me say something to Pax about Charlotte.)
Pax: She's my little sister. And Porter is my little brother. Who is your little sister?
Friend: I don't have a sister.
Pax: Then who is your little brother?
Friend: I don't have a brother.
Pax: Then what DO you have?
Friend: I have TOYS!

Touche, little dude! Touche! It's so cute to hear these little people have their own conversations and form their own friendships. I absolutely look forward to my few hours in that classroom. I love to spend the time with Pax, but I also am falling in love with all his little classmates. They are all so adorable and unique!

No comments:

Post a Comment