Saturday, October 8, 2011

Potty Training

I HATE potty training! I know plenty of people who are super eager to get their child potty trained. Diapers are expensive and stinky. I get it. But when you have 2 other children in tow and you are at Target with a huge basket full of groceries and your child with a bladder the size of a walnut screams, "MOMMY, I HAVE TO GO PEE PEE AND POO POO!!!! NOWWWWWWWW!!!" What to you do? You run to the dirty Target bathroom unload everyone from the basket. Leave the massive bunch of groceries outside of the door to melt. Take the pooping child and set him on the filthy toilet where he is going to touch all over the toilet seat so he doesn't fall in. The other two are crawling all over the floor, underneath stalls, touching everything in site. This is way grosser to me than changing a diaper. Or you're on your way to OKC from Tulsa by yourself with the kids and one has to use the bathroom. Here we come nasty truck stop bathroom...all 4 of us!

This is why I am in no rush to get my kids potty trained. I completely understand the necessity of this concept, but I choose to wait until the very last minute. This is pretty true to form for most areas of my life. Why not this too, right?!

So comes the time to just get it over with and get Porter potty trained, and not gonna lie, I have been dreading it! I told myself I was going to start one day and would take his diaper off for an hour or two and then get lazy and put it back on. Finally, I knew I had to get it over with. I started Tuesday. By Thursday he was potty trained!!!!! WHAT!!!!! And waking up in a completely dry diaper, taking it off and using the bathroom and putting on his own undies. Seriously? Thank you God for my sweet, easy going, fun loving, perfect child Porter!

When I was so worried about weaning him, he did it himself. I don't even remember it. I just woke up one day and thought to myself, "I haven't nursed Porter in a few days." He was scared his first day or gymnastics. The second day, no big deal. Potty trained himself in two days. He is my little precious buddy. I am glad that things are easy for Porter. He is definitely not the middle child. He is our "medium boy." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment