Friday, August 5, 2011

Summer Fun

It's the hottest summer EVER! Unfortunately, I am not exaggerating. Trying to find something to do with 3 kids that need to burn off energy is a bit tricky when it is 115 degrees outside. If it doesn't involve water or air conditioning I refuse to do it. I'm fun, but not insane. So this is what we do...


We had a "stay-cation" at the Hampton Inn in downtown OKC. They have a killer indoor pool with a slide and other fun splashers. This is a BLAST for the boys!

We swim at Aunt Karla's house just about every day. Yes, I make Charlotte wear that life jacket all the time. Even in a baby pool. I would make her wear it in the bath tub if I thought I could get her body clean enough around it. I'm a little paranoid with my kids around water. :) And Charlotte will just jump in the pool whenever she feels like it. She's kind of a dare devil like that!

This was fun at the mall. Until I had to take Charlotte out of that truck. Then I am pretty sure you could have heard her screaming at the Mall of America she was so mad at me.


There is a splash pad on every corner in Tulsa. Well, maybe not every corner, but there really are a lot of splash pads here.

This was an impromptu trip to the splash pad so my kids were the ghetto ones playing in their clothes. All the other, more prepared moms, had their kids in swimsuits and swim shoes.

And they might have had to ride home completely in the nude and soaking wet. And I might have just thrown their tee shirts over their nudie buns so the people in the cars next to us on our drive home didn't get an eye full. Maybe...


I got lucky this day! Bribing Charlotte with food actually worked. I didn't have to chase her around so the boys got to play a little bit longer! Because, let's be honest, whenever mommy starts to break a nasty sweat, the fun must come to an end.

It's hot, but I would take this over a blizzard any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment