Sunday, August 28, 2011

Nicknames

The boys shorten EVERYONE'S names. When I was pregnant with Charlotte and Scott and I had settled on this beautiful name for our sweet baby girl, that was the one thing I was afraid of. I didn't really care for the nickname Char, and I just KNEW that the boys would start calling her this. We went with it anyway figuring if we didn't call her Char then neither would anyone else, including the boys. Wrong. We thought we might have dodged this bullet until Charlotte was about 6 months old and she started crawling and messing up all of Porter's toys. This started the, "NO NO CHAR!!!" Now, of course, we think it is adorable!

Grandma and Grandpa (my mom and dad) evolved to Mema and Papas which was shortened even more into Meems and Pops.


Noni (Scott's mom) has become Nons.
Sissy (my sister) has been shortened to Sis.
Porter has called Paxton Bubba since he could talk. This has turned into Bubs.

You get the gist. Everyone gets a nickname. So when we were at the park the other night and Paxton jumped up on the turtle that rocks back and forth and yelled, "Giddy Up TURD!" I hate to say it didn't surprise me!

No comments:

Post a Comment