Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Such a good mommy!


And NO I am not talking about myself! Although....Kidding, kidding! It has been so fun having a baby girl. I, of course, adore my boys and always knew I was going to have little boys. I always said to myself that God would give me boys because I am so unequipped to handle boy things. This is a lesson I knew I needed to learn and Paxton and Porter (and Scott for that matter) have been such good teachers. I know all sorts of boy things that I wouldn't have known without these precious angels. Like every dinosaur that ever walked the Earth and what they ate. Every type of train, truck and bug on the planet. Not to mention all the rough housing that goes on around here that makes me a nervous wreck. The other day Scott came up behind me and put an enormous worm in my face. I screamed bloody murder (as Paxton likes to say) and the boys laughed for days over that. I still can not find even an ounce of humor in this, but apparently to boys this sort of thing is funny.


Because of all this boys stuff I have grown accustomed to over the past 4 years, watching Charlotte play is so adorable to me it is unreal. The boys have always hated anything stuffed. Stuffed animals, baby dolls, etc terrified Paxton, and Porter just wants nothing to do with them. They are more interested in things with wheels. Charlotte, on the other hand, is OBSESSED with her baby dolls! Today she was sitting in her high chair feeding "big baby" (this is the name the boys have given Charlotte's favorite baby doll because it looks like Big Baby from Toy Story 3) toast. When she was finished eating she walks up to me as I am washing dishes and hands me big baby. I said, "do you want me to wash big baby?" since her head was covered in butter. Charlotte nods so I wash her face, hands and feet. I turn around to hand her the baby back and she is holding up a towel for me to dry the baby off. I wrap big baby up in a towel and hand her back to Charlotte. Charlotte takes the baby immediately into the bathroom where she pulls off a piece of toilet paper and says "poo poo" and wipes the baby's bottom. Then she carries the baby back into the living room, lays her down, covers her up with the towel, and says "night night" before she walks away! This little girl is going to be such a good mommy someday! Either she watches me do this altogether too much, or she just has a very creative imagination. I am going to go with the imagination. I remember going into my ultrasound with Charlotte convinced we were having another boy, and honestly I was happy about that. When the ultrasound tech said it was a girl I started sobbing, as usual, and I looked at Scott and said, "I didn't even know I wanted a girl until I just found out we were having one!" I am still reminded of this every day.


Watching all of their personalities develop is one of my favorite things so far!

**The first picture is one Paxton took himself!!**

No comments:

Post a Comment