Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Happy Heart

I love my life. Everything about it actually. I adore my husband more and more every day. My kids, well they are the most perfect angels God ever created. I love my family like crazy. My mom, dad, sister and I are thick as thieves. My in-laws are amazing. My friends are one of a kind. I love my house, my dorky, mini van, etc., etc. All that being said sometimes life gets in the way of living. I try and maintain a happy heart and healthy honest relationships with the ones I love. This too is much more complicated for me than it may sound. I have a 4, 2 and 1 year old, and as everyone knows this gets very demanding physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.

I pray. A lot. I read books. I ask people for advice. I listen. And I still fail. I try and live my life knowing that each day is a gift. That we are only here for a short time and this is my life, my awesome life, and not my sentence. This is what I have chosen for myself with guidance from God, my husband, my parents, my sister, my friends, yet still I find myself overwhelmed and overlooking the beauty in the little things.

In a conversation with one of my best friends (who I look up to, and turn to for almost everything) she mentioned that in a book she was reading something really stood out. It was talking about doing everything with the excitement of a 3 year old feeding the ducks. This really hit home because my little Paxie boys is a living example of this happiness every day. We seriously have been to the Oklahoma City Zoo about 150,000 times. Every time we go he acts like it's the first time he has been. We go swimming every day. You would never be able to tell. He seriously is the happiest, most fun loving child that sometimes it brings tears to my eyes to see him experience new things. Every time we have visitors to Jenks we have pretty much the same routine. We take them to eat at Los Cabos Mexican Restaurant and then go to the Aquarium. Paxton is the best tour guide. He has been to the Aquarium probably 20 times in the last few months, yet he is still so excited to share it with everyone he loves. This is how I want to live my life. With the excitement of a 4 year old going to the Aquarium!


With Mema and Pops!
With Laura!
With Corbin (and Jenn and Carson not pictured)!

No comments:

Post a Comment