Sunday, January 8, 2012

Unconditional Love

The day Scott and I got married I didn't think I could love him any more than I did that day. We spent the first year of dating just staring at each other. Seriously, we would just sit there...and stare at each other. We spent the next year talking a little more and staring a little less, which made me love him even more. I knew unconditional love before I met Scott from my family and friends, but this was a different kind of love than I had ever felt before.
Then we had Paxton. The unconditional love I once knew had changed again. It is unexplainable. Of course, I loved Paxton more than I could have ever imagined and now I loved Scott in a different way than before too. My heart was overflowing.

When I was pregnant with Porter I was so scared. I thought there was no way I could love another child the way I loved Paxton. Then he was born. And sure enough, oh my goodness, did I seriously have 2 perfect children and a husband that I was crazy about?

And then comes Charlotte. This is getting too good to be true. I cried pretty much my whole pregnancy with Charlotte. I wondered if it was the extra estrogen inside my body, but seriously, I was just so in shock at how wonderful it was that we were having another baby...and a baby GIRL at that.

And now I know unconditional love like never before. It is something that I can't describe in any other way.

Scott and I will celebrate 8 years of marriage next month. We dated for 2 years before that. 10 years we have been together. I am 30 years old. I have spent one third of my life with Scott. Experiencing this love like no other. Watching my heart grow and change in ways I didn't know existed. My love for Scott, my love for my children, and my love for God have grown by leaps and bounds over the last 10 years. I can't wait to see what the next 10 will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment