Thursday, January 12, 2012

Dragon Babies

They kids all have such adorable imaginations, and they are all so different.

Charlotte plays "house" with her babies all day long. She carries around this one baby and this little pillow all day. The baby, and the pillow, have to go everywhere with us.

Porter has his own language. He makes up words for everything that sound like gibberish. For example, apparently "blukie" means soup. Don't ask.

Paxton will play with his action figures and robots and cars and trucks all day long. I can hear him in the other room making up these elaborate stories about what all of his characters are doing.

One day several weeks ago, Porter and Paxton were playing behind this chair in my bedroom for what seemed like forever. Paxton would come out from behind the chair and bark some orders at Porter to stay behind and "protect the babies." When they are playing so nicely and independently like this I don't want to say a word to them as not to distract them from this pleasant play. Finally, I had to know what was going on, so I asked Paxton what they were doing behind the chair. "We are protecting our dragon babies." I looked back behind that chair and what do you think was back there...about 500 Q-tips! Apparently the Q-tips were their dragon babies and Porter was the mommy and Paxton was, of course, the daddy. Needless to say, the term dragon babies stuck.

I was talking to my mom the other day telling her about the doctor's appointment I had just finished up with the boys, "Well they have a virus, I guess. The nurse stuck that dragon baby up their nose and they tested negative for the flu."

Scott's ear was itching the other day and I saw him scratching it. I said, "what's wrong with your ear?" He replies, "it is itching like crazy. I wish I had a dragon baby so I could scratch it on the inside."

Porter, having to go back to the doctor still sick, says, "please mommy, don't let them stick that dragon baby back up my nose!!!"

So if you ever hear me refer to a dragon baby, at least you are up to speed on the terminology now!

No comments:

Post a Comment