Wednesday, January 4, 2012

December

I am a horrible photographer. This is the best photo I got of all 3 together over the holidays! Seriously?!?! I need some help. I keep telling Scott I need a fancy camera, I think that is the problem! :)

December was so packed full of fun stuff I feel the need to document it here...

We wrapped up gymnastics. The boys had their last class of the session and, unfortunately, we won't be doing gymnastics in the spring. We are going to start swim lessons so hopefully by the time summer rolls around the boys will be stronger swimmers. Since I don't like to have the boys in too many activities at once, we decided to take a break from gymnastics while we do swimming. They absolutely LOVED gymnastics though and will pick it up again in the summer. And they LOVED their coaches. One of the coaches happens to be my sister's best friend since childhood who has known me since birth. Pretty cool for my kids to get to know her better and for them to learn from her. Loved the experience.

Paxton had his Christmas program at school. It was adorable. They sang 6 songs and did such a wonderful job. The only bad part is that Pax was sick as a dog! The weather was changing back and forth from cold to warm and this always gets him coughing. I took him to the doctor and she gave him some steroids for his asthma. He had a bit of a reaction to the steroid and it was making him feel crummy, not to mention he was as pale as a ghost. He did a great job though and I was very proud. Of course I was choking back tears the whole time looking at my big boy up there. Luckily I didn't lose it since I would have looked like a total goober crying at the Christmas program.


We went to OKC a few days before Christmas so I could have some much needed time with my girlfriends. I went to dinner with friends 2 nights and it was such a blessing to spend time with some of the best people I know! Nobody in the world has better girlfriends than I do. Seriously, I don't know what I would do without these people.

While we were there we went to the zoo and went to see Santa. We spent some great time with my mom and dad and the kids had a total blast. The only bad thing is that our Baby Avery was sick, sick, sick. After a sky high fever and a trip to the ER she was feeling good enough to spend some time playing with the cousins on Christmas Eve, thank God.


We also checked into the Hampton Inn in downtown OKC so the kids could swim and feel like they had a little vacation. The only problem is that somehow we managed to get out of town without Paxton's swimsuit in the pool bag. I was in the bathroom getting my suit on and I hear all hell breaking loose in the room. I go out and find Pax having a nervous breakdown over the swimsuit. I felt awful. He was so looking forward to this swimming experience and all we had in the pool bag for him to swim in was this...


Being the perfect little angel he is, he sucked it up and had a blast. I really couldn't stop laughing the whole time we were swimming. I also felt like I needed to explain to everyone at the pool why he was wearing this goofy looking swimsuit. He is so sweet that the next morning when we were getting ready to go swimming he said, "I really still miss my other swimsuit, but I had a good time in this one yesterday so I guess I'll wear it again. Just this one last time." I love that kid so much it's crazy.


We headed back to Tulsa where Santa Claus came to visit. This was a super fun year for the whole Santa thing. Pax was super into it and Porter loved it too.

We went to Scott's mom's house and had Christmas over there on Christmas Day. The kids love to play with their cousins, and it was really warm for December so they got to play outside a little too. It was awesome!


We wrapped up the month of December and 2011 with a quick dinner of sushi for me and Scott and then home to play with the kids and ring in the new year as a family. Pax really wanted to stay up until midnight so we let him try. Porter was out by 1030. Paxton hung in there until about 1115 and then started asking every 2 minutes what time it was. At about 1120 he dozed off on the couch and sprung up really quick to say, "I think I fell asleep for a second on accident. What time is it?" We told him it was midnight and kissed him happy new year and put him in bed. It was a perfect ending to 2011 and beginning to 2012.

Throughout the whole month we were all battling colds and croup and ear infections and snot galore, but we had such a fantastic month it is definitely one for the books.

I was thinking tonight while I was watching the kids play in the backyard that every day of my life is better than the one before. I am not one for "resolutions," but this year I am going to show my gratitude for this amazing life better. I am going to soak up every minute of everything and praise God for all the amazing gifts bestowed upon me more than ever before. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment