Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pumpkin cookies

I am going to start posting a few recipes on my blog. Mainly as a way to keep track of some of my favorites, but also if anyone wants any allergan friendly recipes I would love to share! In my next life I will open a vegan/peanut free bakery and keep all of my recipes a deep dark secret. In this life I am too busy to take a shower some days so opening a bakery is way out of the picture, therefore I will be sharing away!

I have come to find out if you can make something in cookie or muffin form it is much more popular with kids. My kids are great fruit eaters. They will eat almost any fruit and tons of it. They are decent vegetable eaters, it's just that the variety isn't really there. They will eat tons of carrots, green beans, potatoes, peas, and that's about it. So I try and make cookies and muffins that incorporate other vegetables.

Today I made pumpkin "cookies" for an after school snack. These are SUPER easy and a huge hit with everyone. The are almost cake-like and very moist.

1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup oil (I use canola)
1 -2 tsp. vanilla (I like a little more vanilla in my baked goods.)
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon

Beat together sugar, pumpkin, oil and vanilla. Sift together dry ingredients and add to wet ingredients. Mix until smooth. Bake on greased baking sheet at 35o for 12-15 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar.

Easy as that. A little disclaimer on my recipes: They are not fancy. They are easy. I only use ingredients that just about everyone keeps in their pantry. Other than egg replacer. I use that a lot when baking and most normal people don't. I make quick and easy stuff that hopefully tastes good too.

Paxton ate 3 cookies, Porter ate 3 cookies, Scott ate 3 cookies, Charlotte ate 1 cookie, and I might have eaten 2! Basically we killed a dozen cookies in about 5 minutes. We're like a family of cookie monsters! Sad but true!

No comments:

Post a Comment