Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Birthdays


We have had a lot of birthdays around here lately. New friends and old friends and even our little 3 year old boy have been celebrated in full force the past month. And no one loves it more than this kid...


We kicked off the month of November with a new buddy from schools super fun carnival themed backyard birthday bash. One of Paxton's sweet sweet buddies from school, Nick, turned 5! Nick's mom has become a friend of mine too, and she ever so graciously told me to bring the whole fam so Porter and Charlotte got to join in the carnival fun! This was a blast! Unfortunately, I didn't get any photos at this party because I was too busy trying to keep Charlotte out of the bouncy house full of 4/5 year olds!

Then we had best buddy Corbin's 4th birthday party at the gymnastics place in OKC. This was of course a ball for everyone too. We love Corbs and we love the gymnastics place so it doesn't get much better than that!

This is the best pic I got of the birthday boy! Action shot!

Then we had Porter's birthday party at an indoor swimming park at a local hotel. It was awesome! Other than the part where Porter slipped and fell into the hot tub, and I cried for an hour and a half of the party because it freaked me out so bad. You know how they say that you forget the pain of childbirth shortly after the baby is born?!?! Well let's hope this memory slips my mind easily too. Anyway, we really did have fun though. There was tons of water fun (slides, lillipads, etc.), pizza, cookie monster cupcakes, friends and family! And our favorite little 3 year old loved every minute of it, so all together it was a success!


Then to round out the month of November, another one of Paxton's buddys had a party at Bounce U. I took Porter with us and paid for him separately because Paxton wanted him to go, and I knew he would love it. This is a an indoor place with tons of huge bouncy houses. Paxton has informed me (and pretty much everyone else he has encountered since) that he wants to have his party at Bounce U! I have never seen so many sweaty kids at a birthday party in my life. It was super fun!

I think Paxton is like Rain Man when it comes to birthdays. He is obsessed with them, and he remembers EVERYONE'S. The other day he said to me "Mom I am really upset because I have to miss Braxton's birthday." I asked him why and he said, "Because his birthday is on a Monday and I have to go to school on Monday's. I can't go to McAlester if I have to go to school." So I look at a calendar and sure enough Braxton's birthday is on a Monday. He tells everyone we meet that he is 4 but will be 5 on March 8th. He also likes to tell every stranger on the street that I am 30. Good thing I am not modest about my age. He remembers the dates of all the above mentioned parties and the person's actual birthday and how old they are. Rain Man, I tell you. Rain Man. I think it is really sweet that he is just as excited about other people's birthdays as he is his own. He never complained one time about not getting presents on Porter's birthday. He was happy for him that he got some presents, however, he is keeping a running list of things he wants for his own birthday. One day he said "Mom, what do you think people are going to bring me for my birthday presents?" I replied, "Paxton, the important part of a birthday party isn't the presents, but the people that you love coming to celebrate with you. Would you rather have all your friends and family celebrating with you at your party or lots of presents?" He so sweetly replies, "Well I would rather have BOTH!" Lesson fail! I guess he is only 4. I forget sometimes.

My grandma once said to me, "Go to every birthday party, wedding, baby shower, and other special event your friends want to celebrate when you are young. Some day you'll get old like me and you'll be getting invited to funerals instead!" She was super funny for 85! But it did put it into perspective for me. It's fun to celebrate with people the fun things in life! I am glad that Paxton really has an excellent grasp on this at such a young age. He is so full of happiness it rubs off on the rest of us.

And look at sweet Charlotte. Doesn't she just look like a living angel?!?!? She really wanted to eat that cake with her hands. You know I finally caved in and just took off her shirt and let her. It was easier than making everyone listen to her melt down! I'm hard core. What can I say!
No need to call Super Nanny! I've go this under control....Clearly!

No comments:

Post a Comment