Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Toys R Us?? More like Toys R Nuts!

The kids and I went to Toys R Us today to find Charlotte's birthday present.  I NEVER go to Toys R Us, and I am pretty sure the boys have only been there about 2 times in their entire lives.  Charlotte has never been.

I wanted to get Charlotte a kitchen for her birthday.  I browsed while I was at Target doing my grocery shopping and found nothing.  I could have ordered it off of the internet, but I didn't want to pay a ton for shipping (plus, true to Kate fashion, I waited too long to order it) so Toys R Us was my only option.

We walked in and I think my kids went into sensory overload.  The boys were jumping from one toy to the next asking what we were going to buy.  Charlotte was in the basket screaming, "There's my Dora!  There's my Princess!  I want my giraffe!" Pretty much every toy we passed she screamed this.  I was on a mission to find my one item and get out of there.

I grabbed the kitchen, put all of the toys that the kids had knocked off the shelves back in their appropriate spots and went to the register.  When we went to checkout with not ONE extra toy and no one begging or throwing a fit I stood there so proud of my little clan.  No one was upset or angry that they were leaving empty handed.  I had found the kitchen that I wanted was on sale for over half off, which I was really proud of as well.  So what do you think I did??????  Well I did what any sucker would do and I got out of line and let my kids go pick out a toy.  What is wrong with me!?!?!?!  We need more toys like we need a hole in the head.  I was actually spending less money than I had planned for once in my life.  No one asked for anything or even wanted anything to be real honest, and I got out of the check out line and went back into the depths of Toys R Us for my kids to waste more money on toys!

There is something wrong with me.  I will not be going back there again for a really long time.  Not because my kids acted crazy, but because I did!!!  I just get so soft when they are all sitting there looking like adorable little munchkins and get I get WEAK!  Those sweet precious little faces impair my judgement from time to time!

No comments:

Post a Comment