Saturday, June 30, 2012

Three Little Big Kids

I always have hated cliche sayings, but there is a reason they become cliche.  The saying, "Time flies when you are having fun!" is our motto this summer.  And somehow during all of this fun the kids have all grown into new phases of their lives and personalities.

Paxton is a swimming fool!  He started swim lessons in January and had no concept of swimming before he started.  He wouldn't even go under water.  He has really amazed us with his progress over the past few months and especially since the summer started.  At the pool we go to there is a monster slide that you have to pass a swim test to go down.  You have to swim 25 meters unassisted without stopping.  I was truly shocked when today he did just that!  And subsequently went down the slide a hundred times.  He is becoming so brave and confident.  Pax has always been very aware of the consequences of things, thus a little timid when trying new things.  I am really so proud of his new found confidence with his swimming.  Now riding a bike without training wheels is a different story! :) But one thing at a time!

Porter is also swimming so well for his age, however, you still can't take your eyes off of him for a split second.  Unlike Pax, Porter has no fear with trying new things and can get a bit ahead of himself at times.  He has, however, started to form his own opinion more than ever before.  In the past Porter has always fallen in line with what Paxton decides to do.  Don't get me wrong, he still follows his big brother around like a shadow, but if he really wants to do one thing and Pax is doing something different he will decide to do what he wants more than he ever has before.  I think with Paxton starting full day school next year Porter will get a confidence booster being the biggest boy in the house for 7 hours a day.

Charlotte has crossed the threshold from being the baby to being one of the big kids.  She is still stuck to me like glue, but now she will disappear from my side for me to find her playing right along with her brothers.  She is entering the terrible 2's for sure, but is really surprising us with her ability to keep up with her brothers.  Her vocabulary is incredible, and she says the funniest things.  Although not always the nicest things, she always keeps us entertained!    

With the new baby coming in a few months, I have really tried to soak up every single moment with my three little big kids.  I will be out of the loop as far as my ability to participate in every single moment of their fun with a newborn, so I am so thankful for this summer where we are all together having a blast every day.  A few highlights have been:  frontier city, swimming every day, a long stay at Mema and Pops house, the water park, the park, hanging out with friends, the water slide at Noni and Roberts, just to name a few.  I have tons of photos I need to dump from my phone but haven't just yet.  

Although it is getting HOT HOT HOT we are loving every minute of our summer break.  It is going to be so hard for me to send my Biggest Little Big Kid to school in just over a month.  We will all miss him like crazy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment