Saturday, June 30, 2012

2

Dear Charlotte,

You are 2!!!  I can't even believe it!  And I don't even know where to begin.

This has been such a fun year with you.  You have changed from a baby to a toddler right before our eyes.  You are offically one of the big kids now.  I have so many things I want to remember about you right at this very moment...

- You are hysterical.  Every day you say and do the funniest things that leave all of us cracking up.  For instance, today at the pool you insisted on taking your life jacket off.  I told you that you must leave it on because it was keeping you safe.  You reply in your most whiny teenager voice, "It's not keeping me safe, it's making me MAD!"  And with that you just took it right off and proceeded to swim around, life jacketless.  Which leads me to...

 - You are a spitfire.  With a complete mind of your own.  You will do what you want to do, when you want to do it.  You are so capeable of gettine things done for yourself.  If you need something and no one is  accomidating you fast enough, you will just do it yourself.

- You are so sweet to me it is unbelievable.  You hug and kiss me hundreds of times a day.  You will say to me, "I love you so much mommy.  You my bessssssst friend," multiple times a day.  And I can never get enough of it.  You love me so much that when I leave your sight, or someone else tries to hold or love on you, you get a little aggitated.  I love the way you love me.  We really are best friends.

- You love for your daddy to "get you."  He will be sitting doing something completely unrelated to "getting you" and you will look at him and say, "Don't get me daddy!!!  Ahhhhhhhhhh!"  And take off running in the other direction.  You love to play and wrestle with your daddy and you sneak in some kisses and hugs too!

- You are 1000% girl.  We always wondered if you would be a tomboy growing up with two older brothers very close in age.  Nope.  Not going to happen.  You INSIST on wearing jewelry, "wipstick," dresses, and princess shoes, at all times.  Even to bed.  You will not sleep in normal pj's.  It must be a dress or look somewhat "princess."  Your favorite color is pink, your favorite book is Pinkalicious, you love "jewelries," and sit still as a statue for me to paint your toes and nails upon your request.

-  You love to play with your brothers, but insist your part in the play time is somewhat "princessy." When the boys play superheroes you will run around with them and say you are "superhero princess."  The boys were playing a pretend game of basketball and Paxton deemed himself Kevin Durant while Porter was Russel Westbrook.  They were making me cheer for them so I was yelling, "THUNDER! GOOOOOO THUNDER!"  And you chime in, "PRINCESS!  GOOOOOOOO PRINCESS!"  Apparently you were playing princess basketball.

- You love to dance.  And you have great rhythm.  You must have gotten that from me! :)

- You have an amazing vocabulary and surprise us with the things you say and pick up on.  Today alone these things have come out of your mouth:
    While backing out of the driveway, "Mommy, put on your seatbelt!"
    While sitting in the bathroom while Paxton poops, "That's concusting."  What Charlotte?  "I said that concusting."  What does that mean, Charlotte? "Bubba poo poo tinks.  It mells concusting."  Well then get out of the bathroom so you don't have to smell his disgusting poop, Charlotte! "Noooooooo!"
    I hurt myeslf and was crying a little when you approach, "What happened?"  Nothing, sis, I'm ok.  "Don't frow a fit then. Deep brefs, Mommy."  Thanks, Charlotte.
    While eating the sunbutter and jelly sandwich that you requested and subsquently changed your mind about, "I not want this.  It's yucky!"  Why is it yucky, Charlotte?  "Because it's not yummy, so it's yucky!"  Touche, sister!
You are never at a loss for words, and we are always left laughing when we hear what you have to say!

- You are everyone's baby girl and we are all completely obsessed with you.  Your brothers hug and kiss you so many times a day and give you what ever you want.  They just want you to be happy!

You are our angel.  Our one and only baby girl who we love so much.  You are sweet, sassy, loving, soft, rough, caring, bossy, opinionated, adorable, spicy, funny, little sidekick in the world.  And we all love you to pieces.  I can't believe it has only been and has already been 2 years since we met you for the first time, although you have lived in our hearts forever!  Happy 2nd birthday Baby Girl!  No matter how many times you tell us you are a "big durl" you will always be our baby!

LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment