Friday, September 13, 2013

2012

I have been the worst blogger in 2012.  I WILL do better in 2013...maybe!  Because so many incredible things happened this year I am going to try and hit the high points, for my memory, in no particular order.

Well the most exciting thing that happened this year was FOSTER!  He is the perfect last piece of our family puzzle.  I still am so amazed by the overwhelming unconditional love that occurs when we add a member to our family.  Not only from Scott and I, but from the kids as well.  I know for a fact Paxton, Porter, and Charlotte could love no one more than they love Baby Fossie Fos.  And in return, his love for them is already so unbelievable.  He is the perfect baby, the missing link.  I look at him on a daily basis and think he is too good to be true.  He is our lover boy.

KINDERGARTEN!  When I asked Paxton what his favorite thing about 2012 was he said, "going back to school."  I love that he loves school.  He loves his teacher, his friends, learning.  I am not the best school mom, I must admit.  Not that I want to home school, but I also will never be the PTAG president.  If he so much as sniffles, I keep him home.  He protests every step of the way.  This is good.  We keep each other balanced out.  I always loved school and so did Scott so I am glad Pax does too, but I really really miss him while he is gone.  Paxton has turned a real corner this year.  From toddler to big boy.  He is my helper, responsible to a fault, sweet as can be, kind, affectionate, loving, lovable...I could go on for days.  I really can tell how the nature of our relationship is going to be now and I LOVE it.  He is my best friend.

ACTIVITIES!  This is the first year the kids have gotten involved in activities.  Porter does gymnastics and absolutely loves it.  Only once a week for now, but he looks forward to that class all week.  He is remarkably strong for such a little dude.  At 3 years old he could cross the monkey bars forwards AND backwards. It's a bit freakish to be honest.  People at the park always comment to the fact.  He loves his coach, who happens to be my sisters best childhood friend.  It is the first activity that Porter has done without his brother.  This is huge.  Paxton started soccer with some friends from school and loved it.  This was the sweetest group of buddys and they had a blast.  And there were quite a few goals scored too!  None by our team, but the other teams scored a TON! :)  They don't keep score at this age, but we all know Paxton was really quick to tell me how many goals the other team made.  Who knew he could count that high?!  I kid, I kid!  Pax is also taking piano once a week and loves that too.  He likes to practice and he concentrates so hard.  He wants us to practice with him but he knows way more than I do.  I am already of no help to him.

SWIMMING!  The boys learned to swim this year thanks to Miller Swim School.  It was a Godsend.  I have always been paranoid around water with my kids.  When they started lessons in January they wouldn't even put their faces under water without protest.  By the summer Pax was jumping off the diving board in the deep end.  Porter can swim really well to, however he doesn't have quite as much confidence so we have to watch him a little closer.  This made going to the pool much more fun this summer than ever before.

BONDING!  Charlotte has always been a mommas girl.  She has been my siamese twin since the moment of her birth.  I never went anywhere or did anything without my girl.  This year she has bonded with Scott and her brothers in such a special way.  She loves to lay with Scott to go to sleep and she loves for him to just hold her.  She plays with the boys now instead of just following me around.  She will sleep with my mom when she comes to town and she doesn't cry when Toni babysits anymore.  She will always be my little shadow and I wouldn't have it any other way.  She is just so amazing I am glad she is letting other people experience her more.  She is hysterical.

WORKING!  Scott has had such a busy year at work.  He loves his job and he loves where he works thankfully.  He traveled quite a bit over the year and we got into a pretty good routine when he was home and away.  I finally felt like I had it all under control.  Until Foster was born.  Then I digressed...big time.  Luckily I have amazing family and friends to help pick up the slack when he is away.  It really does take a village and I have an amazing one.  We are very thankful for his job and my ability to 'work from home.' :)

FAMILY!  We have had the luxury to spend quite a deal of time with everyone in our family.  We spend a lot of time with each other but also my mom and dad, my sister and her family, Scott's family.  My mom or dad will come and stay on at least a monthly basis.  We spent a lot of time at my parents this summer.  My sister and her clan come to Tulsa every chance they get.  Scott's mom would babysit for us often and we go to her house once a week to play and spend time.  We are so glad my mom and dad are retired, my sister and her clan love to get out of town often, and Scott's parents have a wonderful set up for visitors.  We are so close to our family, immediate and extended, and they are all close with each other.  We are so lucky.

2012 was awesome!  Can't wait to see what 2013 has in store!!





No comments:

Post a Comment